Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Dirty Jerz!

This extended weekend (Friday-Monday) I went to the Dirty Jerz to visit @Yael_SkyBlueFC for @SkyBlueFC's home opener (why yes I did tie Twitter into my blog post, thanks very much). I had a great time, met some cool people and was happy to see Sky Blue come through with the win in a nervy 1-0 match.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed New Jersey. With all the stick the state gets with its Jersey Shore, Dirty Jerz stereotypes, the state itself has many redeeming qualities.

In places.

Some of Jersey deserves the stigma (see: Jersey Shore, Newark, etc.). However, most of the New Jersey I saw was pleasant, diverse and appeared to be a good place to live and even raise a family.

Now that I've said that, please memorize this message and destroy it.

That being said, I can't really hate on Jersey the way I used to. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, and I would love to go back in the near future. Maybe I'll even throw in a fist-pump or two when I cross the border. But don't get crazy.

1 comment:

aht4005 said...

hey dawg. u tryin to live in new jersey now? tryin to have kids? that hot in the streets??? Changes. That ain't the Aaron West I know. hahahaha