Thursday, September 3, 2009

World Cup cont'd

Not content with just an NFL squad list, I've created a starting 11 of basketball players as well. Basketball was a bit more difficult, with taller players unlikely to do as well on the soccer field, so bear with me a bit. Without further Adu (haha, get it, cuz Freddy Adu is -- Yeah I know, I know, it was dumb stupid). Without further ado...

Lebron James
Kevin Durant | Dwyane Wade | Joe Johnson | Rajan Rondo
Ron Artest
Chris Paul | Steve Nash | Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant | Ben Gordon


There you have it. The ones that might be the biggest stretch are Kevin Durant and Lebron James at 6'9". However, there was no way I could make a list without including the freakish athletic talents of the King, as well as Kevin Durant's undeniable potential as the new Dani Alves or Maicon.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I'd put Chris Bosh in goal, and a vintage Jason Kidd at CM

A West said...

I thought about Chris Bosh and J. Kidd, but I figured LeBron was a better athlete in general and J. Kidd is a bit past it. Looking back, I'd swap Baron Davis for Steve Nash though, since Nash is Canadian.