Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It Didn't Happen



I told myself I'd write every day. Or at least 3-4 times a week. I didn't tell my readers because I knew something like *this* might happen. I posted once, got excited about it, then got busy, lost my flame and I'm back again 2 weeks later in the same position.

Why don't I write? The combination of being busy at work, busy after work, NOT being busy at work, NOT being busy at work seriously screws with my writing "schedule". When I'm busy I have to focus my energies on actually doing my job or whatever extracurricular activity I have going on at that moment. When I'm not, I'm very good at diverting myself through video games, *gasp* reading, frolicking through these internets or any number of additional extracurricular activities.

The lack of energy/desire to tackle more serious blog topics also severely holds me back when I have less than adequate motivation to legitimately think through an issue and put it into succinct, logical arguments or analysis.

So what's going to drag me back to my blog regularly?

To be honest, I don't know. I love writing, and I love seeing consecutive posts on my page, but I have a wandering mind and it's very difficult to harness. The only thing I can say (again) is that I'll put forth a concerted effort to sit in front of the computer and actually put words on the page that mean something.

But don't quote me on it.

No comments: