Thursday, August 14, 2008

Really?!?

A few days ago, I was speaking to PBA (Patrick Braxton-Andrew for those of you poor, misinformed souls who don't have the pleasure of his acquaintance) about my blog. To my surprise, he suggested that I email Goal.com about the advertisement they had listed on the website asking for new contributors. I decided there was nothing to lose, and emailed them, not expecting a response. I received an email back the very same evening from none other than the site director of Goal.com, Greg Lalas, the brother of the United States' very own Ginger Prince, Alexi Lalas. In the email, he thanked me for my interest and requested some samples of my work. I sent in a couple postings from the blog, and went about my business in the usual manner, with hopes of receiving a response in a week or so.

The very next day an email appeared in my inbox from Mr. Lalas, inviting me to write for the website I have basically lived on for the past two or three years. I have of course accepted tentatively. With this new role, I will be writing a weekly column that follows the progress of American players plying their trade in continental Europe. This list includes the likes of Jozy Altidore in Spain, Freddy Adu in France, Michael Bradley in Holland (for now), etc.

I feel incredibly blessed to have been chosen to do this, and I really appreciate all the love (and hate) I've received in response to this blog so far. I will continue to write, and hopefully I'll find more of an audience as I continue and mature in my writing.

1 comment:

The World's Most Interesting Man said...

Congratulations, I still believe you have a ghost writer. Curse the man who gave you a dictionary/thesaurus.